Apex Legends Mobile’ added Loba to the game with the recent Cold Snap update and launched a themed event to celebrate her arrival. The new Loba’s Soirée event rewards players for opening icy Supply Containers and collecting diamonds in Winter Warfare, the icy new twist on the popular Battle Royale mobile game.
While the rewards are chosen randomly, they can all be earned for free by completing challenges and using diamonds to redeem raffle tickets. Drawing tickets can be used to draw a random reward from the prize pool, consisting of eight rewards in total. Rewards include a mobile-exclusive Loba skin and a Loba-themed avatar for your in-game profile.
Upon launching the game, you will be met with a splash screen announcing the event, but you can also navigate to the event page via the banner on the right side of the main lobby screen. Once there, you will be able to take a closer look at the prizes and the challenges required to obtain them. Below the prize pool, you will see a small “+” symbol. Select it to open a window that lists all the challenges for the event. Once you’re ready, choose a challenge and select “Go!” to be taken directly to a match, or load into one from the main lobby screen.
There are five challenges in this event, and each of them rewards players with GPS pieces that can then be redeemed for raffle tickets. The first three challenges are updated every day, while the last two are cumulative. The challenges of the Evening of Loba are the following:
- Play 1 Battle Royale match (updates daily) – 1 GPS piece
- Open 3 icy supply containers (updates daily) – 2 GPS pieces
- Collect 200 diamonds (updates daily): 2 GPS pieces
- Collect 1000 diamonds: 3 GPS pieces
- Open 20 Icy Supply Containers – 3 GPS Pieces
Once you’ve completed a challenge or two (it’s actually quite easy to complete multiple challenges in a single match), go back to the challenge screen and select “redeem” to redeem your GPS pieces for raffle tickets.
Below the prize pool on the event page is a button that says “open” with a number next to it. That number is the number of drawing tickets required to get a random reward from the prize pool. While your first draw will only cost you one ticket, the price increases with each round. Here are the prices for each giveaway round.
- First round: 1 drawing ticket
- Second and third round: 2 drawing tickets
- Fourth and fifth rounds: 3 Drawing Tickets
- Sixth and seventh rounds: 4 Drawing Tickets
- Final Round: 5 Raffle Tickets.
You will need a total of 23 drawing tickets to get all eight prizes.
The following rewards are in the event prize pool:
- 30 flow
- 2000 experience points
- 2000 diamonds
- 60 flow
- 3000 experience points
- 3,000 diamonds
- Snow Queen Avatar Portrait
- The common level Skyrise Mozambique skin
- The rare level Game Master Loba skin, labeled “Awesome Reward” on the prize pool screen
- Once a prize is earned, it is removed from the loot, so you will never receive a duplicate prize.
- Draw Tickets and GPS Pieces have a 1:1 exchange rate: if you collect five GPS Pieces, you will get five draw tickets when you redeem them.
- Icy supply bins and the diamonds inside them are only available in Winter Warfare’s Battle Royale mode, so make sure you pick the right game mode before you jump in.
- Diamonds aren’t just available from icy supply containers, you can also find them in kill boxes from slain enemies.
- When you hear the Apex Games announcer declare that the climate control has been activated, look at your map. Diamond and Frosted supply bins will be marked blue.
- Diamond supply containers outside of the weather conditioner’s range can still be opened, so don’t worry too much if you’re not in range of the weather conditioner when it activates, just make sure to keep an eye out for diamond supply containers once you do. make. .
- Playing as Loba is ideal, as she can steal diamonds from kill boxes via her Black Market and quickly teleport to Frosted Supply containers using her Jump Drive ability.
Loba’s Soirée lasts until June 29, so players have plenty of time to collect diamonds for free loot.
Apex Legends Mobile is available to download on iOS and Android.
GameSpot may earn a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a portion of the proceeds if you purchase something featured on our site.